Why should I Join?
The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is one of the oldest and largest combat veterans’ organizations in the United States. Here are seven reasons why you should join the VFW.
- Camaraderie: We understand the unique bond shared by veterans of overseas conflicts. Knowing the person you’re talking to can understand where you are coming from, helps.
- Lobbying for Veteran’s Rights and Benefits: The VFW is one of the most effective veterans lobbying organization today. With over 1.5 million members, we have one of the strongest voices on capitol hill. You can help make our voice even stronger.
- Helping Local Communities: Not only do we support the local community, we are a part of that community. We support youth programs, education and the needed in the community.
- Supporting the Military: The VFW has several programs to assist members of the military and their families.
- Insurance and Prescription Plan: As a member of the VFW you have the opportunity to receive discounted life and medical insurance.
- Discounted Services: Go to the VFW webpage to see the list of discounted services for our members.
- Home For Children: The VFW National Home for Children in Eaton Rapids, Michigan commitment to honor our nation’s veterans and active-duty military by providing help and hope for their children and families.
An individual is eligible for membership in the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States only if the individual served honorably as a member of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- in a foreign war, insurrection, or expedition in service that has been recognized as campaign-medal service; and is governed by the authorization of the award of a campaign badge by the United States Government.
- On the Korean peninsula or in territorial waters for at least 30 consecutive days or a total of 60 days, after June 30, 1949.
- In an area which entitled the individual to receive special pay for duty subject to hostile fire or imminent danger.
Annual Membership Fee $45
The VFW operates using the Fiscal Year Calendar. Annual memberships are from July 1 to June 30.
Life Membership Fees varies by age. Click on VFW Membership Application to see the Life Membership Fee Schedule.